28 Nov I don’t want to Survive, I want to Thrive
Posted at 15:08h in Life 0 Comments
Well this was always my funda, but its not always the case that you get what you want. You have to work towards things, and the underlying theme of those actions can be this fact of wanting to thrive and not just make do! So here’s how we get to it:
- Doing things which make you happy – easier said than done. Infact happiness has become so overrated now, it kind of feels offensive if you tell people you’re not happy with what you have. But the idea is to find out those big and small things which make you happy, introspect about them, look within you, your childhood, your best people and best times. And then act. Because just finding these things wont pay your bills, taxes and EMIs. So move and don’t get stuck. For if you get stuck you would rot and accumulate fungus around you.
- You could be in the same job for five years and still be doing things for youself which keep you happy and content. Or you could be changing jobs every year to find your happiness. Nothing works unless you sit and decide what are the elements which make you content and then work towards it.
- Just excelling is not thriving. Exploiting all your potential is thriving. This could be in one field or in more than one. Its upto you solely.
- Don’t settle. Life is short as we all know it. So create the maximum number of experiences you can and make your life more fulfilling, more enriching.
- A life well lived resonates with what a happy person can be. You be that person, because there is none going to be similar as you.
- The key to moving ahead from here? Make a list of all the excuses that might have popped in your head while reading the above. Now find a solution to those excuses, move them out of your way and get going with knowing what you can be when you are thriving!